Belkin’s line of wireless routers supports a feature called Wireless Distribution System, or WDS. WDS, which is also sometimes referred to as repeat mode, allows you to extend the wireless range in your home or office by connecting multiple Belkin devices together. To play with the WDS settings on a Belkin router, you must log in to the device’s internal settings and set up a bridge between the routers you want to link. In case, you have no idea how to play with the WDS settings on your Belkin router, then there is nothing to worry about, as we are going to discuss just that today.
But, before you proceed with the process, you need to have a few things, such as Belkin wireless router, a computer, which could be a Windows PC or Mac. Besides these, you must have an Ethernet cable in order to connect your computer to the Belkin wireless router. Once you have these things in the possession, you can go ahead with the steps for playing with the WDS settings on your Belkin router.
- You need to begin with plugging one end of the Ethernet cable into one of the “LAN” ports, which you can find on the back side of your Belkin wireless router.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your PC or Mac computer.
- Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.2.1.
- Click on the “Login” link in the upper right corner of the window, then press “Submit”.
- Make a note of the “WLAN MAC” address that appears on the router’s status page.
- Click the “wireless Bridge” button, which you can find on the left side link on the page.
- Check the boxes corresponding to “Enable Wireless Bridging” and “Enable ONLY specific Access Points to connect”. If you miss to check any of the boxes, then you won’t be able to activate WDS on your Belkin router.
- Enter the WLAN MAC address from Step 5 in the “AP1” field.
- Hit “Apply changes” to save the router’s configuration and activate WDS mode.
Visit our website and know how you can set up the Belkin Wifi Extender Setup, configure, and login into it. Then, you can follow the provided instruction to get done with the relevant job. So feel free to check out our website.