When you buy a new Orbi Voice, it is set to normal mode by default which can work only with Orbi router. If you are thinking of configuring the RBS40 with a router other than the Orbi one, then the steps are given in the blog post. You must follow the steps in the same manner.
- Place the Orbi voice and the router next to each other. The distance should not exceed 5 feet.
- Provide power supply to the Orbi voice by connecting the wires to its terminals.
- If the device is already turned on, then press the power button to turn it off and press ‘Sync’ key from the device panel.
- The LED will start to glow white, then solid blue which confirms the device is successfully turned on.
- After releasing the button, the Orbi voice now enters into the extender mode. You will notice the status LED first blink light blue, then turn to solid blue. This confirms the connection between the router and the extender.
- You can now begin the setup process.
- Start connecting the wireless client devices to the network through the extender’s SSID. By default the SSID is ‘Netgear Ext’. If you want to change, you can change by getting into the ‘User-interface’ of Orbi.
- The default address to open the user-setup wizard of the router is Mywifiext which works only if the extender is connected to the client device. Don’t forget to check the updates for your device. If the device updates are available, click to download them.
- Sometimes, the firmware updates don’t get directly popped-up on the screen. In such situations, you need to enter the model number of your device manually, after which the latest version of firmware will be displayed.
- Click on ‘Browse’ option once downloaded to locate the file and transfer it to device.
- Reboot your device once the installation and downloading gets completed.
- To continue the setup, download the app on your mobile and click ‘New extender setup’.
- Connect the extender to the mobile using the wireless networks. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Alexa setup is necessary for Orbi voice setup. If you have not created the account yet on amazon, then register first.
- Now, you can place the router and the Orbi voice at desired location.
The Orbi voice is now configured for working as an extender. If you want to bring the Orbi voice back to its Orbi mode, then there is no need to apply any complex steps. Simply ‘perform the factory reset’ function on your device. If you don’t know how to reset the device, you can contact experts. Otherwise, the reset button is given on the back of your device. Press and hold it for 10 seconds or until the lights start blinking.
We’ll make it quick and secure for you to install and configure your Orbi router. Also, if you have problems logging into your Orbi router on Orbilogin.com, we can help you fix the issues.