It sounds strange for those users who get to know that connecting the Netgear Orbi to the home network is an easy process and especially if they are going to configure it for the first time. No, doubt the process is quite easy but if implemented according to the given instructions. If connected successfully, you can browse the internet on the iPhone, Mac, and windows computer. The purpose of adding the router and the extender to the network is to strengthen its reach within the house.
Now, coming to the steps to connect the Orbi router to the iOS device like the iPhone and iPad. The Orbi antenna fixed on the top of the router helps to connect the client device to the router.
- Disconnect the modem from the power source by simply turning off the switch or by removing the power adapter.
- Connect the cable to the Ethernet port of the modem and the router. You will find the cable inside the box.
- Connect the power adapter to the power supply and the Orbi router. Turn it on.
- Check if the green light starts blinking or not. Now, turn on the modem and wait till the light turns on and it starts receiving the signal.
- Open the ‘Networking’ icon from the app and go to ‘Orbi router’. Open the web browser and enter the IP address of the router provided on the back of the hardware.
- The login page will appear where you will be prompted to key in the username and the password. The default username and password can be again checked from the hardware itself. If in case the default credentials are not working, then you can restore the details to factory default.
- Open the ‘Wireless tab’ and select the ‘Security’ option. From here, you need to select ‘WPA’. This is best recommended due to the reason that this security type has an encrypted format and no one can connect to the network without a passkey.
- Enter the name of the SSID in the given field.
- Tap to enter the passkey. You are required to enter the passkey twice.
- Tap ‘Apply’. If you want, you can save the details of the router on the computer drive.
- Go to ‘iOS device settings’ and click on ‘Wi-fi’.
- Now search for the router’s SSID from the list of networks and click on it.
- Enter the password
- Once done, you will find the ‘Successfully connected’ message on the screen.
- Start browsing the internet from your device.
- If you are getting problem in accessing the internet, then it means either the signal strength is poor or you are far away from the router. Move the device close to the router and check signal strength now.
If you experience issues logging through Orbilogin.net, you can check the solutions to fix the problem. Thus, you can give us a chance.